[Biojava-dev] sorry about biojava-live/trunk repository mess; was Re: biojava-legacy 1.8.2 release plan

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Tue Mar 13 19:39:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 17:52, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I would tend to split as well. Are you and Hannes in agreement in how
> to proceed with this or is there anything we should discuss?  Let me
> know if I can help somehow in resolving this.

I am in agreement, however I'd like to know if the existing parsers
ins the genome.parsers package should be moved to the new location as
well or if they should stay.

I'd prefer to keep anything that parses genomics-related file data
somehow together - ideally even genomics and proteomics in their
respective subgroups, but I guess since some of the stuff is already
present and we should watch compatibility, that train has already left
the station.

Since I'm new to this as a dev, I'll let you decide where in the
package structure we should put the parsers/tools.

Hannes