[Biojava-dev] Open bugs.

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Mon Jan 17 02:44:46 UTC 2011

> I have used Jira a little as a bug submitter, but have no experience
> of it as an admin (e.g. what benefits if any it might bring us).

I am using Jira on a daily basis and it is a very nice tool for
tracking what is going on and general project management. Only thing
to criticise is that it is a commercial product and not fully open
source (although they provide free licenses for open source
developers). Redmine offers a similar functionality but is fully open
source (GPLv2), as such it might be better suited for OBF related
projects. Github is also offering a great service. Some of the biojava
developers have already expressed some interested about moving from
SVN to git. Probably a situation where more than just one tool are
suitable for the job and it is up to the developers to express
preferences about which tools they like to work with. Any other
comments / experiences?

Andreas