[Biojava-dev] Idea that needs feedback

Radhouane Aniba aradwen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 20:32:47 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the answer.
For a simple reason, wiki platform, technically speaking, is not structured.
Let me explain. If we will rely on a wiki to open code submission for all
users, I let you imagine what it will give if we, let's say, reach 3000
source codes using biojava, additionally, everyone will try to add meta
information describing the code (not talking about code comments), with a
big number of source codes this will be not homogenous at all.

What i propose is a system that organize all the contributions, people will
enter the same information in the same place and the display will be
standardized and well organized.

Cross links with wikis and projects webpages are also existant in the
platform so that people refer always to cookbooks or the project updates.
What I developed is more oriented "What do you do with Bio* ?"

Bio* = Biojava, Bioconductor, Bioperl, and corresponding langages.

Regards,

Radhouane