[Biojava-dev] Putting JVM options in a Manifest file??

Mark Fortner phidias51 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 03:31:52 UTC 2011

Sorry, I hit "Reply" instead of "Reply All".  For the rest of you on the
list, here's my response.

You could try using a JNLP file to launch your application.  You can stick
it in the same directory as your jar file.  The user would double click to
launch it.  You can specify startup parameters in the JNLP file as well.

The other thing you could do is use jrunscript (a javascript engine that
runs in the jvm and ships with java).  Your script would then set the
parameter before invoking the main class found in your jar.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark