[Biojava-dev] default AtomCache constructor

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 30 09:44:53 UTC 2011

Great! AtomCache and ScopInstallation now have default constructors.

On my system (OS X) the java.io.tmpdir location is ugly and
randomized, and it changes with every program instance. I suggest
setting the PDB_DIR environmental variable to something sensible, like
/tmp or ~/pdb. This will cache pdb files (and the large SCOP database)
between program runs.

-Spencer

PS Setting environmental variables in eclipse on OSX is a bit tricky.
I recommend adding it to your ~/.launchd.conf, as suggested at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/603785/environment-variables-in-mac-os-x