[Biojava-dev] BioJava3 Sequence/AlignedSequence serialization

Chris Friedline cfriedline at vcu.edu
Sun Oct 24 15:12:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

Was wondering why these objects are not serializable?  I'm probably
not the only person doing this, but I continually use a large matrix
of protein pairwise alignments in my work here.  It would be great to
simply serialize our the BioJava objects rather than have to extract
from and store alignment properties (sequences, start/end, mappings
between protein position and alignment position, etc) for use later.
Was there a specific reason not to do this?

Thanks,
Chris

--
PhD Candidate, Integrative Life Sciences
Virginia Commonwealth University