[Biojava-dev] Structures test failures

Steve Darnell darnells at dnastar.com
Tue Aug 24 20:19:57 UTC 2010

Jules,

Thanks for the suggestion.  In the interim, I was able to work around my
Eclipse and svn problems.  It's not a fully integrated solution, but it
works.

The Subclipse svn plug-in from Tigris would fail during checkout with an
exception stating "RA layer request failed svn: REPORT of '[...]' 200
OK" for both Windows 7 and OSX 10.6.  For Windows, there are reports of
the Windows indexing service, antivirus scanners, or the Subclipse
JavaHL adapter causing svn problems.  Resolving these issues did not
help.

In the end, I used a git client on Windows to clone the biojava project
from github and then imported it into Eclipse as an existing Maven
project with the m2eclipse plug-in.  I was able to successfully build
and install biojava3-structure and its dependencies without test
failures.

To the list,

If anyone has had similar problems setting up Eclispe, I would be
grateful to hear how you resolved the problem.  If not, my solution is
good enough for now.

Regards,
Steve