[Biojava-dev] biojava3 sequence tools

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Aug 11 17:58:14 UTC 2010

thanks, Scott,

here similar utility methods in Java  ...

Andreas

protected static final String NUCLEOTIDE_LETTERS = "GCTAUX";

	public static int percentNucleotideSequence(String sequence)
	{
		if (sequence == null || sequence.length() == 0) return 0;

		int l = sequence.length();
		int n =0;

		for (int i = 0; i < l; i++)
		{
			if (NUCLEOTIDE_LETTERS.indexOf(sequence.charAt(i)) < 0)
			{
				continue;
			}
			n++;
		}
		return (100 * n) / l;
	}

	public static boolean isNucleotideSequence(String sequence)
	{
		if (sequence == null || sequence.length() == 0) return false;

		int l = sequence.length();
		for (int i = 0; i < l; i++)
		{
			if (NUCLEOTIDE_LETTERS.indexOf(sequence.charAt(i)) < 0)
			{
				return false;
			}
		}