[Biojava-dev] Hi.. Calling Java from Perl

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 08:48:33 UTC 2009

Indeed I would agree with Mark here and go for web services as the
desired solution. JAX-WS & CXF are both popular frameworks for doing Web
Services and as far as I remember Spring had some very nice helper
classes for quickly exposing any Java class as a web service. Then there
are other remoting protocols such as Hessian, Burlap, Protocol Buffers
or Thrift all of which are good in their own ways.

However Web Services should be the quickest (re implementation) way to
communicate with a persistent Java process.

Personally I would stay away from Java::Inline.

Andy