[Biojava-dev] BioJava 3 code usage examples

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Fri Nov 21 03:40:53 UTC 2008

biojava-dev-bounces at lists.open-bio.org wrote on 11/21/2008 09:02:37 AM:

> Hello. Thanks for spending the time looking into the code. It's a bit
> like a virtual code review session for me... you've made some very
> useful comments.
>
> > 1) It doesn't seem that you want to avoid name conflicts with the old
> > version because you are continuing using the package name
"org.biojava.*"
> > instead of "org.biojava3.*"
>
> Yes, I agree, I think they should be changed to org.biojava3. I will
> do this when I get 5 minutes spare. They should be in org.biojava3
> because one of the stated goals was to be able to write a
> biojava-biojava3 mapper module if someone needed that to happen, and
> the use of org.biojava in the new code would preclude that.

I think it would be a very good idea to differentiate this from old code
via the packages. Strictly speaking you are supposed to use a domain that
you own. I don't know if biojava3.org is available or if open-bio wants to
obtain it. It's not critical but it would prevent possible issues.

Alternatives would be to use org.biojava.v3.*

or you could use the open-bio domain as in org.open-bio.biojava3

- Mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer.  Thank you.