[Biojava-dev] Missing licence on BlastLikeDataSetCollection.dtd

Hardman, Colin HardmanC at medimmune.com
Thu Jul 10 13:15:11 UTC 2008

Biojava developers,

Steffen Moller has contacted me about BlastLikeDataSetCollection.dtd
missing the GNU Lesser General Public License header which is stopping
it's inclusion in the Debian distribution.

The original omission was purely accidental - it was always intended to
be under that license - just like the rest of the CAT contributions.  As
I don't have/can't remember my cvs access any more would it be possible
for one you to make the change for me so biojava can be included in free
software distributions?

Cheers,

Colin

--

Colin Hardman

Head of Informatics

MedImmune ( Formally Cambridge Antibody Technology )

>> Dear Simon,

>> I just contacted Tim Dilks in my role of a developer for the Debian

>> Linux distribution because of a problem that I have with the file

>> dtd/BlastLikeDataSetCollection.dtd that you are the primary author

>> of. It has all rights reserved to CAT without mentionning the free

>> license of BioJava of any sort. My Debian package was rejected by the

>> administratives of Debian for that reason.

>> Since my email to the BioJava mailing list about a year ago left the

>> problem untreated, may I ask you to add that license information to

>> the source? I know your time is precious and you may not even have

>> BioJava checked out anywhere anymore, but maybe you could send an

>> email to the developers list and ask to have the license information
added.

>> With many thanks and best regards,

>> Steffen

> Hi Steffen,

> I'm not at CAT anymore, so I don't have the (moral) authority to make

> the changes in terms of dealing with license issues.  However, the

> missing FOSS license information was simply an oversight on my part,

> so I'm sure there won't be an issue.

> For information, CAT doesn't actually exist as an entity anymore - the

> company was acquired by AstraZeneca and then merged with a company

> called MedImmune.   I suggest you contact Colin Hardman at MedImmune -

> he should have the authority to make/request the changes you need.

> Hope this helps,

> Simon

To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments contain information that is not in the public domain, such information is considered by MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary.  This communication is expected to be read and/or used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended.  If you have received this electronic communication in error, please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the original message and any accompanying documents from your system immediately, without copying, reviewing or otherwise using them for any purpose.  Thank you for your cooperation.