[Biojava-dev] Direct access to public genome databases

Charles Danko dankoc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:56:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

Direct access to public genome databases (i.e. a class to import
sequence, annotations, etc. and create the applicable biojava object)
would be a very useful addition to BioJava.  The Ensj project doesn't
look like it has been updated since official support was dropped.  Are
there any plans to work these features into BioJava?  Have I missed
features that already exist?

Depending on the amount of time required, I may be willing to
contribute to such an endeavor -- particularly for the purpose of
importing sequence.  I have quite a bit of experience working with
java, but not much in a collaborative environment.

Best,
Charles