[Biojava-dev] JUnit

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Tue Jan 8 00:36:04 UTC 2008

Andreas Prlic wrote:

> > What do people think about adding the JUnit jar to the test directory
> > of the biojava-live repository and make the appropriate changes to the
> > ant classpath?  This would make it easier for people to test the
> >

> I would suggest to move all the jar files where we have dependencies
> on into a common subdirectory.
> e.g something called "libs" or "jars"

Using maven would resolve all of these issues.

Or alternatively, a maven build can create an ant build.xml that downloads
its dependencies from the maven central repository

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ant-plugin/

or there is Ivy for ant, which can be configured to use the maven central
repository

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

The 'lib' directory doesn't really have a place any more.

   michael