[Biojava-dev] BioJava Development

George Waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Fri Nov 30 01:18:57 UTC 2007

Hello Jeff,

First, welcome on this list. Contributions are always welcome and proteins properties is certainly an area where work is needed.

Check the proteomics package org.biojava.bio.proteomics. We already have code to compute molecular masses and isoelectric points. Also consult the file org.biojava.bio.symbol.ResidueProperties.xml. I have added recently the hydropathicity values. There is a pattern for  residue properties involving the class org.biojava.bio.symbol.SymbolPropertyTable (see also ProteinTools).

Please, do not hesitate to ask advice on this list. Personally, I think it is important to give a precise literature reference when biological constants and methods are used.

- George