[Biojava-dev] Biojava license

george waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Thu Nov 8 17:36:42 UTC 2007

50 developers is not a too large number and, even if a few could not be contacted, an agreement covering more than 95% or even 99% of the code is probably reachable at the present time. This will require some kind of organization. Isn't it more the role of the OBF to do such a think? Why not having a real copyright transfer agreement so that the OBF has copyright on the different projects, can operate license changes if necessary, and defends in case of copyright breach.

George