[Biojava-dev] LGPL information forgotten at BlastLikeDataSetCollection.dtd ?

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Thu Nov 1 03:06:11 UTC 2007

A question for all the devs, what are our thoughts regarding version 3 of
the LGPL?

Our version of the LGPL license header does not contain an explicit
version nor does it contain the standard clause "or any later version.""

The LICENSE file at biojava/LICENSE contains the text of version 2.1 of
the LPGL.

We should make this explicit, by including "version 2.1", "version 2.1 or
any later version", "version 3", or "version 3 or any later version" in
the LICENSE file and all the license headers.

In the case of version 3 or version 3 or any later version, we should
include the files COPYING and COPYING.LESSER per

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-howto.html

   michael