[Biojava-dev] Request for applet for drawing ab1 or scf files...

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 08:15:33 UTC 2007

Hi Philip,

There is also the bioview2 project being run by members of the Cancer
Genome Project available from http://code.google.com/p/bioview2/. The
code works alongside biojava's ABI & SCF parsers but with it's own
drawing code & is intended to render portions of traces to files rather
than work in a more GUI fashion. There used to be a Java webstart
program written by Rhett Sutphin (the person responsible for writing the
original chromatogram code) but it seems to have disappeared.

Personally I would follow Richard's suggestion & look at using the
Chromatogram drawing code available in BioJava. The code itself is very
straightforward to use & very configurable.

Good luck

Andy