[Biojava-dev] Hello and support for FASTA34

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 21:41:15 UTC 2007

Hello! It's great that you are volunteering. We really appreciate all the
help we can get.

Does your new code support both the older 3.3 and the new 3.4 format, or
does it support only the newer one? It'd be nice if it could read both
even if it can only write the newer one (that's the way our newer parsers
in the BioJavaX extension packages work).

The best way to contribute small amounts of code is to do what you have
done and post a message to the list. Then, someone with CVS access will
offer to review it and commit it.

So, the next step is to email me the code you have written as an
attachment, to the email address I am sending this message from. I'll then
check it through and commit it.

We also ask that test cases be written for each new piece of code
submitted. I don't know if you've come across JUnit at all, but if you
have and you know how to write a JUnit test to test your new code then
that would be extremely useful to have.

Thanks again for your help and I'm looking forward to seeing your code.

cheers,
Richard