[Biojava-dev] JDBCPooledDataSource regression

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 11:59:31 UTC 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 11:06, Andy Yates wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would say that this class' method is trying to do too much. We
> have a
> method which is creating a BasicDataSource then not bothering to
> return
> it in favour of a custom one which implements a hashcode & equals
> method. Can you try your test case when it returns the
> BasicDataSource &
> not the custom one and see if that works please?

Patching the current revision to return a PoolingDataSource (I assume
that's what you meant) rather than a MyPoolingDataSource works fine.
However, patching revision 1.3 the same way does not work.  The
problem I reported is definitely orthogonal to the question of
exactly which type of PoolingDataSource gets returned.

I'm not sure what the original rationale was for returning the custom
PoolingDataSource subclass -- but I can't really see how it's going
to do any harm.

            Thomas.