[Biojava-dev] Javascript to wordwrap Fasta format

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 07:19:55 UTC 2007

Hi -

I am building a webapp (yes I have gone to the dark side) in JSF which has a
TextArea component that users have to type or paste a Fasta formatted
sequence for processing.  By default there is no word wrapping, instead
scroll bars magically appear. What I really want is for the input to wrap
every 60 characters (even without spaces) unless it is the description line
(first line).

It seems the best way would be to put some javascript in one of the 'onXXX'
events to do it while the user is typing. Does anyone have a snippet that
might do something like this?

Thanks.

- Mark