[Biojava-dev] reading a subsequence from a .nib file

Josh Burdick jburdick at keyfitz.org
Thu Apr 19 18:26:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 09:03 +0800, mark.schreiber at novartis.com wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Too my knowledge nothing like this exists in BioJava. Could someone take
> it the last mile and make it produce SymbolLists?

  I went ahead and added a method getSymbolListByLocation() which takes
the string and converts it to a SymbolList using DNATools.  There are
bound to be more efficient ways to do this, but I think this a
reasonable start.

  The files are in the same locations:

http://www.keyfitz.org/jburdick/read_nib_file_java/NibFile.java
http://www.keyfitz.org/jburdick/read_nib_file_java/NibFileTest.java

  Hopefully someone will find this code useful.

  Josh

> - Mark
>
> Mark Schreiber
> Research Investigator (Bioinformatics)
>
> Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
> 10 Biopolis Road
> #05-01 Chromos
> Singapore 138670
> www.nitd.novartis.com