[Biojava-dev] Fwd: Bug in org/biojava/utils/io/UncompressInputStream.java

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 13:02:17 UTC 2007

> Andreas - did you write the class? If so, then you may understand it
> better than the rest of us. Would you be willing to attempt to fix it?

No, I did not write it - it is a LGPL class  which I found in another
project.
see http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/  or also the header in
the file.
I will try to have a look at this problem, but not sure if I can fix it
quickly.

PDB data is still available for download as .Z files, e.g.
ftp://ftp.rcsb.org/pub/pdb/data/structures/divided/pdb/ar/
that's why I would need to have some tools for reading these.

I agree this is a general problem and the solution does not necessarily
have to be part of BioJava.
I don;t think any patent got infringed, since the file got committed
after they had expired.

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
			 +44 (0) 1223 49 6891