[Biojava-dev] BioJava code repository

Andy Maule a.maule at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 23 12:50:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm looking for java applications that use Ensembl for a research project.
In particular I'm interested in seeing how applications have been changed in
response to changes in the schema of Ensembl. So I need to look at the
source code repositories, and I've been looking at the biojava CVS.

For those who are interested the project involves predicting the impact of
database schema changes on applications. I'm going to use the change history
of the Ensembl schema to find an interesting schema change(s) that will
affect the application. I'm then going to run a tool over the application to
see if I can effectivley predict what needs to be changed. I'm then going to
compare the predicted changes with the actual changes, to see if my analysis
was correct. I'd be more than happy to explain the project further if anyone
would like to know more.

As far as I can see Biojava is still using the schema for version 10 as
shown in org.ensembl.db.sql.SQLDatabaseAdaptor10. This is only from the CVS
repository though.

Someone on the Ensembl mailing list pointed me to
http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos and the dazzle project. Could anyone fill
me in on whether this repository is the latest version, and is there someway
I could access via subversion directly?

Also where can I now get information about Dazzle?

Thanks

Andy Maule