[Biojava-dev] BioJava code repository

Sylvain Foisy sylvain.foisy at bioneq.qc.ca
Thu Mar 23 14:43:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

The Ensembl access libraries found in CVS are way old. Thomas Down, the
original creator, has put together a new version that can be accessed
through svn at the following location:

http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos/biojava-ensembl/trunk

It works with current Ensembl schemas and I know that Thomas still does
development on it.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Sylvain

On 3/23/06 7:50 AM, "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for java applications that use Ensembl for a research project.
> In particular I'm interested in seeing how applications have been changed in
> response to changes in the schema of Ensembl. So I need to look at the
> source code repositories, and I've been looking at the biojava CVS.
>
> For those who are interested the project involves predicting the impact of
> database schema changes on applications. I'm going to use the change history
> of the Ensembl schema to find an interesting schema change(s) that will
> affect the application. I'm then going to run a tool over the application to
> see if I can effectivley predict what needs to be changed. I'm then going to
> compare the predicted changes with the actual changes, to see if my analysis
> was correct. I'd be more than happy to explain the project further if anyone
> would like to know more.
>
> As far as I can see Biojava is still using the schema for version 10 as
> shown in org.ensembl.db.sql.SQLDatabaseAdaptor10. This is only from the CVS
> repository though.
>
> Someone on the Ensembl mailing list pointed me to
> http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos and the dazzle project. Could anyone fill
> me in on whether this repository is the latest version, and is there someway
> I could access via subversion directly?
>
> Also where can I now get information about Dazzle?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy Maule

Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
Directeur - operations / Project Manager
BioneQ - Reseau quebecois de bio-informatique
U. de Montreal / Genome-Quebec

Adresse postale:

Departement de biochimie
Pavillon principal