[Biojava-dev] ABI file parser

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Thu Apr 6 21:29:24 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 09:37 am, Yan Bai wrote:

> While reading the source code, I wondered about a variable named MacJunk,
> which is, according to the descriptions, prepended junks to real data. does
> it exit in mac files only? it looks like a cross-platform general offset
> for all data information, not limited to Macintosh, am I miss somthing
> here?

I meant to reply to this - the code is an artifact from a bad ftp program that
had the tendency to drop 128 bytes of crap at the start of a file when
transferring it in.  Funny how those sorts of things get stuck in code (like
I have any right to complain, I still have coding habits developed 25 years
ago).