[Biojava-dev] SymbolPropertyTableIterator for AAindex files

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Mon Sep 19 20:47:10 EDT 2005

"Martin Szugat" <Martin.Szugat at GMX.net>
09/19/2005 06:26 PM

        To:     Mark Schreiber/GP/Novartis at PH
        cc:     <biojava-dev at biojava.org>
        Subject:        RE: [Biojava-dev] SymbolPropertyTableIterator for AAindex files

>> Do you have any plans to read AAIndex2 format?

>No, not yet, because both files, AAindex1 and AAindex2 contain as far as
>know, the same data.

I think the AAindex2 files are substitution matrices (eg PAM250 etc).
These would also be good.

>Btw: I've written (a few month ago) an article about BioJava for the
German
>Java Magazin:
>
>http://www.java-magazin.de/itr/ausgaben/psecom,id,244,nodeid,20.html
>
>If you (or the BioJava team) is interested in this (German) article let
me
>know. I'll ask the editor if you can get a PDF for the BioJava web site.

Would be good to put this on the site (or link to it). An english
translation would also be cool but not essential.

- Mark