[Biojava-dev] 1.5ism in OracleDBHelper

Bradford Powell bcpowell at email.unc.edu
Sat May 7 11:15:35 EDT 2005

This is probably just an oversight, but I notice (through compilation
errors using a 1.4.2 VM), that the recent changes to OracleDBHelper
introduced the line:

putString.invoke(rs.getClob(column), new Object[]{Long.valueOf(1L),value});

The problem with this is that Long.valueOf is an addition to the Java
class libraries in 1.5. Using potential object caching in this case seems
to be not that useful relative to maintaining 1.4 compatability. (If
biojava should go over to 1.5, it should be for better reasons than this,
and I haven't seen a discussion of 1.5 here.

So, for the mean time, could someone replace 'Long.valueOf(1L)' with
'new Long(1L)'?

Thanks,

-- Bradford Powell
-- bradford_powell at unc.edu