[Biojava-dev] bjv2 alpha 3

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 21 11:54:33 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'ts that time again. I've committed alpha 3 - scylla to svn. This adds
support for flat-file indexing and mapping between Java and RDF. It also
introduces some direct requirements for build tools that are only
available on Java 1.5 beta 2 - but with any luck that should be comming
out soon.

Get it while it's hot at:

http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos/bjv2/branches/scylla

As always, the development version is at:

http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos/bjv2/trunk

Features:

  org.bjv2.io.index:
    Indexing API that supports any file format understood by org.bjv2.io
automatically.
    Currently there is one implementation of this API. Implementations
should be easy to write for things like SRS.

  org.bjv2.rdf:
    API for representing Java classes and objects as RDFS and RDF.
    This supports a fully pluggable architecture, so that multiple
classes can be mapped to the same RDF type, properties can be explicitly
mapped to RDF properties, and instances can be checked for metaData
fields (e.g. Feature.getType() can result in different RDFS documents
being produced for features with different types, or an instance of
Annotation or Map may have a schema that contains information about
which properties are present).

  @Utility annotation
    This flags a class as being a utility class. This means that it must
expose only static fields and methods, and must not be instantiable.
More coding-style validators will follow.

Matthew