[Biojava-dev] Bug report: getClassLoader() null return not handled

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri May 7 12:43:50 EDT 2004

I actually found calls to getClassLoader in 20 files, they should all
now be fixed.

(Out of interest, do the IKVM developers give any specific reason for
returning null?  I find it a little bit worrying, because it seems to
suggest that the VM isn't really distinguishing between its bootstrap
classpath (with the core classes) and the application classpath.  I
don't know if this distinction has ever been formally specified by Sun,
but it's something a lot of developers take for granted now.)

        Thomas.