[Biojava-dev] Java implementation of Smith-Waterman algorithm

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Oct 27 17:59:47 EST 2003

Hi -

This all depends on how you want to do the output. You could produce an instance of the Alignment interface (or more likely one of its subinterfaces) that gives the alignment between the two objects and use the Annotation of the alignment to store things like the score and the matrix used.

Another possibility would be to return some sort of result object that would basically be a data structure holding the info you might have put in the Annotation as well as the Alignment.

If you are searching a whole database you may need to return several Alignments.

- Mark