[Biojava-dev] org.biojava.bio.program.tagvalue Changes

David Huen smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 06:53:20 EDT 2003

I have made a number of changes to the above package

a) TagValueWrapper is now an interface.  The implementation is in a class
called Simple TagValueWrapper.  All dependent classes have been changed to
reflect this.
b) an AbstractWrapper implementing the above interface now exists that
basically does nothing, not even forward events.  It's for those wonderful
non-communicative occasions that are so called for in our lives...
c) there is now a StateMachine class which can be used as the base for a
TagValueListener.  You can define states, and transitions and have those
transitions driven by events like startRecord, startTag, etc.  Each state
can have its own listener.  It should allow quite complex syntax parsing to
be done by defining these.  Also, the transition tables can have defined
fallback tables for when lookup fails on a State, it will go do a look up
on the fallback.  These can be chained to form hierachies of state
transition tables applicable to specific states, groups of states and
globally.

As I've touched more classes than I'd like in an update, plese report to me
any build failures for immediate fixes.

Regards,
David Huen