[Biojava-dev] Registry

Gasper Tkacik gtkacik at Princeton.EDU
Sun Oct 12 22:45:49 EDT 2003

Hi everybody!

I am using the Registry mechanism to access the flat file database on my
system, using the following code snippet:

Registry reg = SystemRegistry.instance();
System.out.println(reg.getRegistryConfiguration().getConfigLocator());
SequenceDBLite sdb = reg.getDatabase(dbName);
seq = sdb.getSequence(sequenceID);

Having installed  the following file in the proper location:

VERSION=1.00

[utumno]
protocol=flat
location=d:\Documents\Princeton\Biophysics\Genomes\index

I was getting exceptions. Going into the source with debugger I found
out that the root cause is org.biojava.utils.Services, that tries to
load a resource with all DBProviders from META-INF/services directory in
the jar. However, in the distribution on www.biojava.org, version 1.3
for Java 1.4, the resource only lists THREE ServiceDB providers, and
FlatDBProvider is not included. After I included it by hand, things work
fine.

This is probably a bug?

Best regards, Gasper.