[Biojava-dev] EMBL access

Gasper Tkacik gtkacik at Princeton.EDU
Wed Oct 8 23:49:09 EDT 2003

Hi everybody!

I am new to biojava, so this may be a trivial question from a beginner.
Using the following code snippet:

public static void main(String args[])
    {
        try
        {
            Registry reg = SystemRegistry.instance();
            SequenceDBLite sdb = reg.getDatabase("embl");
            Sequence ecoli = sdb.getSequence("U00096");
            SeqIOTools.writeEmbl(System.out, ecoli);

        } catch (Exception e)
        {
            System.out.println(e);
        }
}

I wanted to get the whole E.coli genome from EMBL database. However, it
turns out that I get only the first out of 400 segments of the DNA. I
tried to search the web foradvice but could find nothing useful. Any
help or at least a reference to where I should look?

Thank you all in advance, Gasper.