[Biojava-dev] Closing ResultSets and Statements in biosql package.

Keith James kdj at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 09:39:20 EDT 2003

    Len> Guys, FYI - I just committed a fix to a bug where I was
    Len> getting the following exception operating on sequences stored
    Len> in Oracle:

[...]

Excellent! I had expressed concern about this before, but couldn't
produce a real-life example. Would it be possible for you to describe
how to recreate the exception so that we can make a regression test?
Do you think it is possible to cause the exception using a minimal set
of test data?

I'm proposing the addition of a new test target 'biosqltests' which
would specifically exercise the O/R mapping, safety and performance of
the biosql code. This would probably use DBUnit to populate a test
database as it integrates nicely with Ant/JUnit (plus I've used it
before on Oracle and Postgres).

cheers,

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj at sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -