[Biojava-dev] How to use SimilarityPairBuilder?

Tim Troup troup at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 03:15:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers as to how to use
the class:

org.biojava.bio.program.ssbind.SimilarityPairBuilder

I tied to use this class in place of:

org.biojava.bio.program.ssbind.BlastLikeSearchBuilder

in the BioJava in anger Blast Parser:

http://www.biojava.org/docs/bj_in_anger/BlastParser.htm

in the hope of being able to re-generate the alignments as they are
displayed in the orginal output file.

However, i can't quite understand how i get the results back as you
do not pass the constructor a java.util.List in which to store the
results (as you do with both BlastLikeSerachBuilder and BlastLikeHomology
Builder)

Also it would appear that you cannot

1) call the method setQuerySeqHolder with DummySequenceDB as a parameter

2) call the method setSubjectDBInstallation with
DummySequenceDBInstallation as a parameter.

It is really handy to be able to do this. Is there a way round it?

Thanks, Tim
--

Tim Troup

Tel: +44 (0)141 339 8855 ext 0989