[Biojava-dev] Re: [Biojava-l] Minor SCF patch

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 13:38:07 EDT 2003

> I have a question about that:  is 1.3.1 a bugfix only release?  Or could
> it include new features, like the ChromatogramNonlinearScaler changes to
> ChromatogramGraphic?
>
> Rhett

Well, anything on the 1.3.* branch should allow all code compiled
against previous 1.3.* to run without change.  I guess you can add minor
features if it's a pain to fix a bug without, but idealy no API that a
normal person would code against gets added.

To be honest, the 1.3 release branch is the first one that looks like it
will be maintained for any length of time. So, this is the first real
opportunity we have had to decide what goes onto the release branch.

What do other people think?

Matthew

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk