[Biojava-dev] NCBI-Blast 2.2.6

Osborne, John jko1 at cdc.gov
Wed Jul 2 17:14:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

Is anyone (Greg Cox?) working on a 2.2.6 NCBI Blast compatible
BlastLikeSaxParser?

I thought I could take a nice biojava shortcut this afternoon to help with a
blast parsing problem and ran into the versioning issue.  Tried with lazy
mode, but no luck.  It died with a null pointer exception in
HitSectionSAXParser.firstHSPEvent (298) which is strange since I think it
should have found the "Database:" tag which is in the 2.2.6 version.  I'm
not sure at this point whether it is worth getting in the biojava source
code or modifying an old blast parser of my own.  Any suggestions
appreciated.

 -John