[Biojava-dev] Application for Internship

prateek kumar shrivastava prateek_biotech at rediffmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:23:50 EST 2003

Prateek Kumar
3rd year
Department of Biotechnology & Biochemistry
Indian Institute of Technology
Delhi
India

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a 3rd year student in Department of Biotechnology &
Biochemical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
based in Delhi, India.
Sir I am looking for high growth and challenging opportunity to
exploit the inner talent in the best working environment for the
emergence as a competitive professional and for that a summer
internship that requires skills of molecular biology &
bioinformatics, for the period may to July 2003. It is also
required as a part of my course curriculum.
I also possess good computer skills (Languages: C/C++; Java, Perl
; PASCAL ;OS:linux , WIN-NT).
I believe that an internship at your institute would add an ideal
experience to my bachelor's degree in engineering. My contribution
to your institute would be in terms of my knowledge, skills and a
very high degree of motivation. I have attached my resume along
with this email. I will be glad if you could inform me of
internship opportunities.
Regards,
Prateek Kumar Shrivastava
Email : prateek_biotech at rediffmail.com
mailto:prateek_biotech at rediffmail.com

RESUME
Name: Prateek Kumar
PERMANENT ADDRESS:SC-14 Kumaon Hostel, IIT delhi, hauz khas, New
delhi India
PHONE NO.: 91-011-6596917,6581458,6581283
mobile +919891252973
Language Proficiency: English, Hindi, German(studying)

Objective:
Looking for high growth and challenging opportunity to exploit the
inner talent in the best working environment for the emergence as
a competitive professional and for that a summer internship that
requires skills of molecular biology & bioinformatics

Education:
3rd  year , Master & Bachelor of Technology, Biochemical
Engineering & Biotechnology,
Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016.
India

BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND BIOTECHNOLOGY:

Biochemistry
Molecular Biology & Genetics
Microbiology
Bioprocess Calculations
Biosciences Laboratory
Bioprocess Technology
Fluid Solid Systems
Bioprocess Engg 1
Bioprocess Engg LAB
Professional Practices
Chemical Engg Thermodynamics
Transport Process 1
Transport Process 2
Multistage Sepration
Instrumentation & Process Control
Chemical Engg lab 1
Chemical Engg lab 2

ELECTIVES:
Introduction to Programming Languages
Data Structures & Advanced Programming Languages
Design Engineering
Mathematics-1
Mathematics-2

CURRENT SEMESTER COURSES
Fluid Solids System
Multistage Separation
Instrumentation Process Control
Technical Communication

Project Work:
1)Mechanism of kinesin motors
2)Practical approach on Induction & catabolite repression of
beta-glucodase in Esherichia coli; isolation and purification of
DNA from bacterio-phage and plasmid; restriction mapping of DNA;
gene cloning in bacteria; recombination in bacteria through
conjuction; isolation and analysis of chromatin and histones.
3) Done summer job at Pilot Plant Fermentation lab, learning
practical knowledge required for fermentation & molecular
biology.
4) Done a summer course in Basics of Bioinformatics

Computer Skills:
OS:linux , WIN-NT ;
Languages: C/C++; Java ; PASCAL

Extra- Curricular Activities:
1.Representative, Biochemical Engineers and Technologists(BETA)
Association.
2. Class Convener Biotechnology Department IIT Delhi.
3. Activity head,Technical Paper Session - biotechnology, Tryst
(Technical festival IITDelhi)
4. Activity head, Printing, Rendezvous (Cultural Festival
IITDelhi).
5. Captain of hostel Table Tennis team

Achievement(s):
1.Awarded scholarship by "State Bank Of India", for 5 years for
College studies.
2.Was among top 20 students who cleared the Regional
Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) organised by National Board
of Higher Mathematics Dept. of Atomic Energy , Govt.
of India.

Refree(s): Upon request