[Biojava-dev] Annotation conversions

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 06:08:27 EST 2003

Hi Len,

This is a recurring problem with key-value data - exactly what is the
right key? This is one of the things that ontologies are meant to solve
for us. However, I still haven't got the ruddy things to work yet. For
now, CC or COMMENT are your best bet. You can decide upon a canonical
key if you want, but currently you would have to do the work by hand of
mapping to/from canonical. Perhaps a useful thing to do would be to draw
up a document with canonicals and what they map to in different file
formats.

Matthew