[Biojava-dev] contribution

Michael L. Heuer heuermh@acm.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 00:27:28 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, if anyone is truely interested in helping with the web site
content, or in how the web site is put together, there is a global
open-bio mailing list that could use a shot in the arm:

> webteam@open-bio.org

I have considerable experience with the CollabNet platform (formerly
called tigris) which runs netbeans.org and openoffice.org among others,
but unfortunately is no longer available as fully open source.  A pleasure
to work with in any case.

> http://collab.net

Lately I've been looking into maven, an apache project that builds a
complete site automagically using ant, but it's been quite a pain to work
with at this point, because it's still heavily under active development.

> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven

Maven requires your repository to be just so in order for everything to
work correctly, and so it might be too difficult to retrofit the
biojava-live tree, but if people are interested, we could possibly target
biojava2 to work with maven.

   michael