[Biojava-dev] API inside biojava for easily accessing gene information of Ensembl databases?

Lude Franke lude@ludesign.nl
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:31:19 +0200

Dear sir / madam,

I am finding myself in troubles again, since the new release of the
Ensembl database, that has changed its database structure.

I know there are Perl wrappers around the Ensembl database for easily
extracting gene names, exon structure and like, but I do not know
whether such an API also consists for Java.

Can you tell me whether BioJava could possibly help in this sense?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Lude Franke, Ludesign, Lude@ludesign.nl
Alexander Numankade 19, 3572 KP, Utrecht
06 41 54 99 62, http://www.ludesign.nl