[Biojava-dev] abi trace viewer

Michael L. Heuer heuermh@acm.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:16:04 -0500 (EST)

All right, all these people working on drawing stuff.

At the InfoVis2002 conference, I saw a presentation "Arc Diagrams:
Visualizing structure in strings" by Martin Wattenberg (email:
mwatten@us.ibm.com).  Very generally, the idea is to find pairs of
matching substrings in a string and represent them as translucent arcs.

For fun, I wrote a version that works with existing Features on a
Sequence.  This way the substring-finding problem is decoupled from the
visualization.

> http://shore.net/~heuermh/arcdiagram.tar.gz

I started an attempt at reconciling this with the existing biojava
renderers, but to be honest I get in that code and want to rearchitect
everything.  Maybe after a few more hours I'll understand it better.  :)

   michael