[Biojava-dev] Suggestion for Canonical Symbols

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:06:18 +0000

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 11:59:01AM +1300, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> If you translate and RNA SymbolList into Protein the Symbols in the
> protein SymbolList come from the alphabet referenced by the
> ProteinTools.getTAlphabet.

Okay, I've fixed this one now -- we're back to the tried and
tested system of allowing the well-known symbols to be global,
rather than always scoped by alphabet.  The code has been refactored
a lot now, so I was able to find an alternative way round getting
ambiguity symbol serialization to work.

The tests still pass, and a few programs I've tried seem to be
okay, but more testing in anger would be good.

    Thomas.