[Bio-packaging] Distributed file system and experimental cluster

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 10 16:24:56 UTC 2016

Just a note on GlusterFS from our end: our IT had a test GlusterFS set up that had zfs enabled for compression, and we ran into all sorts of problems with I/O on large files.

We’re planning on performing more tests using a few common workflows on Gluster (w/o ifs) vs GPFS (our current FS, very nice but quite $$$), and possibly a few others.

chris