[Bio-packaging] testing out guix

Ricardo Wurmus ricardo.wurmus at mdc-berlin.de
Fri Jun 12 09:49:42 UTC 2015

> Agreed, but, I don't yet understand how such effort relates to either of:
>
> 	http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
> 	https://github.com/BIMSBbioinfo/guix/blob/master/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
>
> Do you?  Are these other people with similar intention?  Are they
> already on board with you, or, vice versa?

I know this has been answered already, but I thought I'd add some info
about these two.

The second used to be an outdated clone for use at the institute which
pays me.  I have removed it a few hours ago to avoid confusion as the
repository is no longer used.

The first---the bioinformatics module of GNU Guix upstream---is where we
would ideally add package definitions for free/libre bioinformatics
software.  Ben's package definition for OrfM, for example, will arrive
there momentarily as I submitted it to the guix-devel mailing list as a
patch and it has already passed review.  I have commit access to the GNU
Guix git repository on Savannah, but we usually first expose the patches
to the mailing list for a quick review.

~~ Ricardo