[Bio-packaging] testing out guix

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Thu Jun 11 17:15:51 UTC 2015

Hi Pj,

It does do some.  See here: https://github.com/malcook/sce#configure-quix  I've not explored how much control I can wrestle over it.

> Also like your start at a Guix doc!

Thanks.  It is aimed at in-house novice users and as a pass-along to whomever takes of admin when I'm gone...

> We should make a list of software we want to package first - and I'll add it to
> the issue tracker. With many hands I am sure we can crack the most
> important ones pretty quickly. One package per week will get the job done...

Agreed, but, I don't yet understand how such effort relates to either of:

	http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
	https://github.com/BIMSBbioinfo/guix/blob/master/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm

Do you?  Are these other people with similar intention?  Are they already on board with you, or, vice versa?

Thx,

~Malcolm