[Bio-packaging] Packaging

Brad Chapman chapmanb at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:52:55 UTC 2015

Ricardo and Pjotr;
Thanks for all the great discussion. I'm absolutely agreed there are
workarounds for dedicated folks with a good relationship with their
local research computing and IT community. Practically, most of the
work we do is building automation, so having something we can script up
and folks can use without needing to know the details is helpful. That's
one of the reasons we've been using brew.

In terms of more general discussion, it also might be worth talking to
the EasyBuild team. They have a ton of ported tools and an active community:

https://hpcugent.github.io/easybuild/

I looked into it a while ago but ran into the problem of needing modules
for it, and the bootstrap for that being a bit of work.

Thanks again for all the work on this. Really happy to have people
pushing this forward even if I'm stuck with all kinds of practical
issues,
Brad