[Bio-packaging] testing out guix

Ben Woodcroft b.woodcroft at uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 8 09:37:06 UTC 2015

Thanks guys,

I managed to get further now, I think. But not quite there yet.

ben at u:~/git/OrfM$ GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/ben/guix/ guix package -i orfm
--no-substitutes
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
guix package: error: ben/packages/my.scm:8:2: package `orfm-0.3.0' has
an invalid input: ("zlib" #<<license> name: "Zlib" uri:
"http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib_license.html" comment:
"https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list#ZLib">)

Package file (~/guix/ben/packages/my.scm):
(define-module (ben packages my)
   #:use-module (guix packages)
   #:use-module (guix download)
   #:use-module (guix build-system gnu)
   #:use-module (guix licenses))

(define-public orfm
   (package
     (name "orfm")
     (version "0.3.0")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append
"file:///home/ben/git/OrfM/orfm-0.3.0.tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
"18h0mywf87s2dphh0p9mc79li7j44004cz0jg5bmz3pgxi1zshbi"))
              (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
             ))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
     (arguments `(#:configure-flags '("--enable-silent-rules")))
     (inputs `(("zlib" ,zlib)))
     (synopsis "Simple and not slow open reading frame (ORF) caller")
     (description "An ORF caller finds stretches of DNA that when
translated are not interrupted by stop codons.  OrfM finds and prints
these ORFs.")
     (home-page "https://github.com/wwood/OrfM")
     (license lgpl3+)))

I installed zlib separately without issue, so doesn't seem to be any
problem there.

Thanks again,
ben