[Bio-packaging] Using a shared Guix store (was RE: testing out guix)

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Tue Jul 21 20:23:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have resolved a main issue by having /gnu mounted without root squashing and running gnu-daemon as root, as strongly suggested after building with `./configure --localstatedir=/gnu/var --exec-prefix=/gnu`

And .... I am proceeding largely happily.

So.... WOOHOO and WHOOWHEE and general applause, cheers, and well-wishing from all quarters.

Thanks for everyone's advice and help.

I will start new threads with other issues.

Ludo, did I tell you, as you asked, I did build guix from master also without any FAILS and only SKIPPED one test, containers.scm.

~Malcolm