[Bio-packaging] GEM_PATH

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public66 at thebird.nl
Tue Jul 7 14:00:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 02:54:34PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> pjotr.public66 at thebird.nl writes:
>
> > We are using this now:
> >
> >> GEM_PATH=/home/pjotrp/.guix-profile/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/
>
> Do mean this is set as a default?  I have not found this in the sources
> for the ruby-build-system.

Yes, it is there in the install phase.

Rubygems defaults to the x.x.0 version number. This means that in the
default environment you can mix gems with different ruby interpreters.
I guess that is meant to be by rubygems - though it is a terrible idea
;)

> I'm probably misunderstanding the problem, though.  Could you please
> elaborate?  Are multiple profiles not working in this case?

Yes, that will work. Just have to be awake when installing gems ;)

OK, we are getting there. I just finalized the ruby-nokogiri package.
Should go in soon.

Pj.